|
|
|
|
Ying and Yang
So, most people think about balancing career goals with family life is exclusively a "real world" dilema. However, I have found that this very dilema that I did care to encounter until another four years, has landed itself striaght on my lap. My main academic goals for college were to do lab research. This endeavor will selfishly amass my free time. Now, the only class that worries me for the fall is Organic Chemistry honors. This is a daunting idea. I did come to Penn State, not just because they shoved money at me, but also because I wanted to have a rewarding, "typical college" experience. Yeah... about that typical experience... I still want it in theory. However, another large part of my college experience will be spent in the lab and not at football games. I LOVE FOOTBALL (although I prefer NFL to college football). In other news where I'm not actually complaining about my miserable life that is actually pretty dang good... I'm sitting here trying to figure out why the experiment I'm a part of is not working the way that Rob and Waqas predicted. They conjectured that the ammonium chloride we added in to the algae would produce a drop in pH. For some reason that isn't happening in a timely fashion. I came in at 9:30 AM... at 5:30 PM it just started to behave the way we thought that it would. Finally I get to sit here and just watch the pH go down. Actually what's very intersting is the guy to my left, Jeff, is doing a really intersting experiment. he created a series of chambers to flow water through. Jeff has some pretty banging glasses. However, he is what you would picture as your classic nerd. I think his teeth do it for him. To my right, there are a series of Verbtatim and Sony... FLOPPY DISKS! I haven't seen those things since... well I'm not even sure. Remember back in the day when it was always the floppy, the days before the CD-R and flashdrives? It's time for me to get my break... I'm still asking myself why I have been here fro almost 9 hours. Peace out kids.
|
|
Post a Comment
Home