When you buy Freddy a cookie

Jackie, I want you to try something.
What?
Just sit down and relax.

You doing okay? tired, stressed...?

We don't want you to get burnt out too quick because we want you to stick around.

I got a B in English.

All interesting things that were said today and yesterday.

I'm going to sleep at Fenske tonight. I packed up all my stuff and my sheets are all clean and not on my bed.

Surprise kids - I'm happy being this "stressed." Sure I'm going to burn out faster than alcohol over a Bunsen burner, but I'm genuinely happy here... for now. I like to call it the "Shiny New Toy" effect. Luckily for me everything in research is actually a shiny new toy. Every new project has something different about it that appears scintillating to the mind.

The last quote is from the British guy Ben who is working on mushrooms. Apparently it's topic secret stuff seeing as they only let me see the data because they might have me work with him on his project... yeah that's project number 5 in less than a week. YAY for overloading myself with stuff I don't understand. This all is beside the point: the only classes he ever got lower than an A on were Mass Transfer (he got a A- because he didn't write the equations he needed on the equation sheet) and English... ENGLISH!

"I can't understand accents."
"You'll have trouble at Penn State's math and science classes then."
"Well, I understand your accent."

... What an impression I make. Back to lab now.

posted by Jackie 11:15 PM on Thursday, August 12, 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home