|
|
|
|
TEDucation
Earlier today day, I added either a verse or the chorus to a song I've been working on. Tonight, I spent slightly over an hour listening to TEDtalks and simultaneously drawing up some of the visual puns that I would include in my big picture book of visual puns. Now, I am writing. Today represented what I consider the trifecta of the arts: the musical, visual, and literary. They're little things. I am no grand, aspiring artist. Still, I like thinking that I created a few new thoughts today and made some stuff that nobody's ever seen or heard before. The TEDtalks varied. Some I found too personally specific. Undeniably impressive stories they were, but not inspiring to me to my own achievements. At least they encourage me to think my own ideas can be accomplished. I have so many fantastic, vague schemes running around in my head. What would it take to create free, global Wifi? How can I grow my own food in unexpected places? Where are there empty building that I could refurbish as artistic spaces? Having walked the suburbs all my life, I most appreciated the talk on urbanizing suburbia. I keeping telling myself that "when I'm older" it'll be easier to work towards these goals. It's probably true as far as accessibility and connections go, but I doubt I'll be any more motivated. It is within my power to start research now, hash out a rough plan, and try to put myself in contact with the people who can help me. If I manage to finish a project all the way through, I'll believe the next one can be accomplished. First, I need to actually do. Unrelatedly, I don't think I could be a teacher, because it would break my heart to see how adamantly children can resist learning.
|
|
Post a Comment
Home