|
|
|
|
The Sweetest Thing
The sweetest thing that's ever been said to me in recent memory: "When I'm at your wedding, 'Champagne High' will be stuck in my head." I really don't have any clue what to write about, so I guess I'll just write about my day. I woke up late because I've been talking to Jackie and Tarik pretty late every night. Jackie and I Skyped the night before and Josh complained that I talked way too loudly. I hope he couldn't hear too clearly what I was saying. Anyway, so I was kind of already half-awake, then Tarik texted me and woke me up. Then he treated me to a phone call, which was really nice. We talked while I made myself a sammich! I showered, got ready, and then stopped by Dad's office really quickly so he could sign something for the doctor. Pediatric Care, the doctor's office I've been attending for all my life, said I've grown too old and they kicked me out. Ha! So my new place is an internist office in the same complex as my dad's office. My doctor is Indian, trained in India and everything, but she didn't have much of an accent. She was introverted, kind of "get-down-to-business", but still nice. As they were asking me questions, I realized that I'm a really healthy person in general, and that made me feel really lucky. Oh, after I filled out a form in the waiting room, I went to hand it back to the secretary. But then I didn't realize that the glass sliding window was closed, so I tried to hand it back to her. The clipboard made a loud clanging noise, and all of the secretaries laughed. When I went to pay later, the secretary who helped me actually laughed a little when she saw me. I felt really ditzy, haha. I then proceeded to read an article in Newsweek about the Ground Zero mosque the rest of the time. Anyway, after the appointment, I FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY took my laptop to a locksmith. Basically, I've had this laptop lock on the side of my laptop for almost a year because I lost the keys the first day of college. I put both of them in my pocket and they fell out. I suck. So my laptop was attached to my desk for two months, and then I got a janitor to cut the metal cord so I could at least move it. The wires would often scratch me, and recently it gave me a huge scratch on my leg that bled, so I decided to finally just get it taken off. They had to secure the laptop and then drill/saw it off. Cost me 10 bucks; not too bad at all. At the store, they had diplomas for locksmithing all over the walls. I had to wonder what leads someone to study locksmithing. Then I stopped by TJ Maxx and tried to look for different decals, but instead I found a pretty bulletin board for 10 bucks. I just went back to Target and got the same decals I had gotten the other day, because they didn't seem like they'd be enough and I wanted more. Later I realized that the first ones I bought had glitter on them and the second set didn't. I hope it'll look okay if I mix it up. Also Josh randomly called me up and told me that he was watching "The Invention of Lying" and that an extra looked EXACTLY like me. I'm going to have him show me at some point. When I got home, I found some glossy picture paper and printed out a bunch of pictures for a collage on the bulletin board as well as flags that are significant to me. I cut them all out, which took awhile, and also found the Italian flag I bought for my Sweet Sixteen, which is much bigger than I remembered. Katie and I are going to decorate the room with flags! My parents had a bunch of people from the Jewish community over. They talked about trying to make an endowment for it, or something like that. Basically they talked about trying to get people passionate about the Jewish community in general so that it will endure. Nobody is particularly idealistic, which is sad. I watched some "Jigoku Shoujo" and texted people, and then I watched "Promises" again with my mom. She thought it was interesting, but said it seemed biased towards the Palestinians, even if two Jews made it. I said that of course it will seem that way, because Palestinians in general have it worse than Israelis, so by showing sad circumstances, it's going to seem biased. I think I got her to agree with me at least somewhat. We talked about the conflict a little afterwards. I got emotional and mad just because it just doesn't seem like there can ever be peace. Mom always makes good points about the Israelis' safety and the existence of the Jewish people and the risks at stake, yet the other part of me feels so terrible for the Palestinian people and I just wish we could do something to make their situation better. Tarik is going to email my grandpa about medical school and radiology. He thinks that radiology may be for him, and both my mom and I agree. Then I talked to Jackie and Tarik for a long time and Jeff for a lidoo. And I'm still talking to Tarik about stuff. So yeah! Excitement. Except for tomorrow, I have plans for the rest of the week. On Wednesday, the People to People gang is getting together at Alex's house for the first time. On Thursday I'm meeting up with Arianna at Mitsuru and then we're taking our dogs to the dog park. Friday night, my parents and I are going to see "This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things," which my friend from ArtsFest, Ken, wrote. I'm really excited to see it! And then Saturday...Penn State! I AM SO EXCITED!
|
|
Post a Comment
Home