So Far Behind

I still have to post for today, yesterday, and the day before, because my other two posts were for catching up the two days before that.

I started packing this morning. There was a cricket in one of the boxes, which felt very much like something that would happen at my house. Now, I have a few empty drawers, notably my "favorite shirts" drawer. The "not favorite shirts" drawer still contains a few articles. Last night, Jeff told me about the "Hundred Things Challenge," where one attempts to live with owning only 100 items. It's a very interesting perspective that I probably break that with just the two boxes I have packed. Still left to put away are my computer things, art things, hygiene things, guitar thang, and the things we have yet to get.

I hope my roommates don't mind me washing my delicates in one of our sinks. I don't trust the washers.

This year saw a number of changes to my social life, and it worried me going into college that I would make many acquaintances and no real "friends." This summer has been endlessly helpful in dispelling that anxiety. My usual protocol was to be so considerate that I would barely involve myself in someone's life except to be nice in casual passing. These past few months, I've been practicing an active involvement and organizing times to hang out. Plus! When friends have introduced me to their friends, with two of these new people, I've had follow up conversations 45+ minutes long. I can't really justify the fear. With robotics, I met so many new people and was thrown into uncomfortable situations. I've walked away with some great friends.

I still have to put a coat of wax on my sweet electric bike!

I'm excited for band camp! I don't know how to march at all, despite the last two summers of enduring basics. However, I do know that it will be impossible for me to not make friends unless we all get turned into zombies. At which point my priority is not new friends, but old friends.

I'm gonna have to stake out a good staircase for practicing guitar. That reminded me that I had two dreams last night, one of them about Welcome Week. Two boys there actually played guitar, so I sat with them for a bit. At another point, they were doing hair and make up demonstrations that were crazy and exciting. I sat down, but then realized that I had jumped in front of a whole line of people. Oops!

Apparently at West Chester, when you are coming from the North going South, they have a banner set up across High Street that read, "Thank you for your daughters."

posted by goobaloo 12:04 PM on Wednesday, August 18, 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home