"the secrets and the hush-hush..."

Is it two or three days? Can't recall even...

Yesterday was a fun time. I got up earlier than I would have to meet up with Annalynne to talk about the wedding video. Her fiancee, Ben, Andrew, and their cousin Christine were there as well. I'll basically just be filming things in general, and hopefully i'm also going to set-up a time lapse camera on a balcony in the church to show everyone filing in, and then I'm also going to have people give video messages during cocktail hour. I'm really hoping it all goes well.

I tried a cupcake at the new cupcake places called Indulge, but I think I had the experience of Tarik's "reaching sweetness limit." I couldn't finish it. They had a flavor called "Cookie Dough Re Mi" and I got a kick out of it.

I thought about going to Tom Richards' memorial service, but I was going to walk in late and I really wasn't in the mood for crying or feeling sad. I hung out with Tarik for awhile, and I texted Kristin to see if she wanted to get lunch. She had coupons to a sub place by McClanahan's called Jimmy John's so we went there. We bumped into one of her friends from Cru, so we ate with him. He told us about a Malaysian Muslim kid who ended up converting to Christianity.

Kristin and I hung out in Collin's room for awhile and then I wanted her to meet Matt. He had left his door open to his room and I was confused until he walked back in a towel. Oops! But we invited him to Kristin's apartment for dinner and he was in. He and Tarik joined us eventually...after playing video games, of course.

We stopped by Fasta because Tarik wanted to get ravioli and sauce. Matt told me about his traveling adventures and living in Australia, which was really cool. We hung out in Kristin's apartment while she cooked, and her Cru friend Shaina came over as well. One of her roommates, Erin, talked to us a lot of the time and there was one point when she kind of had an attitude towards Springfield and wanted us to try Pillar and it kind of bothered me. We also got much entertainment from the issue of Cosmo on the coffee table.

Kristin made chicken marsala with pasta and we also had brownies. Matt and I also ate a little of the ravioli with Tarik when it was time for him to eat. Then we all decided to head off to a Cru party, which Kristin has been begging me to attend for ages. I figured it couldn't hurt.

We met up with a guy she met in the omelet line somewhere and ended up talking to for two hours named Eric. He couldn't pronounce Tarik's name right. Then I told Shaina about Bar and Bat Mitzvahs as we walked and even recited the first line of my portion for her. Then we met up with another girl named Kate and went to the Cru house.

I got to see Frank, who apparently was really freaking out that I was mad at him for not really talking to me this summer. Of course I wasn't at all, and we talked for a little. Tarik had a brought a book and wasn't really having a fun time, so he left early and I felt really bad. Matt knew a few people from his high school, so that was cool, and of course Kristin knew a ton of people and I mostly stuck with her. They had soda and popcorn on the top floor and there was music with black lights, a strobe light, and a smoke machine in the basement. We danced some.

Kristin, Eric, Matt, and I then decided to head to this other party, which was a 21st birthday party for a guy named Sonny who Kristin knew from high school. Matt and I talked about future prospects and he told me a lot about nuclear engineering and why he picked it. We met up with Katherine, who I was delighted to see and of course immediately implored her to tell me about London. She had traveled to a lot of places in Europe during the summer and went into several crazy stories. Oh, Katherine. The house wasn't too far. (Reminder to self: Owe Matt two bucks.)

We got in. They had beer and jungle juice, so I had some of the latter and stopped when I didn't want to risk getting more affected than I wanted to. (Pats self on the head...I guess.) It was the first time I had gone to a party in awhile, and I had been really wary about it, but being at the Cru party put me in the mood, I suppose. There were a lot of Indians there; on the Facebook event page, almost half of them had the last name of Patel. Matt and I just talked, mainly about relationships and religious philosophy, and some other things but I can't really remember. We left after probably 45 minutes or so. Eric, Kristin, and Katherine were all dancing. The general consensus between me, Matt, and Tarik was that he was pretty bland, but Kristin is the one who talked to him really so I guess I can't really say.

I was telling Matt about Canyon Pizza and how all of the drunks go there but said that I recommended College Pizza because it's better. So he said he wanted to go there. I got a slice with broccoli on it but they definitely didn't keep it in the oven long enough. They had CNN on the TV and there was a story about Hurricane Katrina.

The rest of the night we hung out in my room. We watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," which I've been meaning to see for awhile, and went on Sporcle for a bit. Also I tested his geography knowledge with the Travel test thing on Facebook, and he did pretty well. He left around 4.

Today I basically had lunch and stole a knife for Matt, talked with Hortense for a little and gave her hugs, and hung out with Tarik and Matt as we listened to Stephen Colbert's audiobook and such. Organic peanut butter is seriously gross. Also I really want to try and unlock his window so we can get on the roof and all stargaze one night or something. Later I did a little homework and then we headed off to dinner and then started watching "No Country For Old Men," inspired by Matt's hair. Then Jeff came back from Providence and we went to get Fourth Meal, where we saw a really attractive girl wearing cat ears. Reeses Puffs <3. Then we finished the movie, which I'll totally Wikipedia and IMDB later, then I hung out with Tarik for a bit, and now I'm here.

Apparently the piece I wrote about Tarik moved a couple people to tears. The woman whose children are buried in the Jewish cemetery emailed me and said she'd like to meet him. Holy crap am I lucky to have him as a best friend.

posted by cuore_ridente 1:30 AM on Monday, August 30, 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home