|
|
|
|
Schooligans
I don't know if I came up with that one or unconsciously stole it from Chloe. I couldn't fall asleep last night for no good reason. I went to bed around 1 and checked my watch and it was 2 and I definitely hadn't slept for a moment. I woke up around 8:50 to get ready for the river. I also tried to clean my retainers but that didn't work. I went to Matt's house and we finished painting his loft and then we loaded the couch into his car, dropped me off at Smith's Bridge and then went to the museum, where we met Chloe. We put the couch in and it floated pretty okay, but it turned out the caulk that we used essentially vanished whenever it touched water, and so after Matt and I had taken turns sitting on it for a bit, the bins had taken on a good bit of water. If I try again, it will be with dock foam. Much less corruptible. We tore the bins off so Chloe could keep some for college, blew up some rafts, and went down the river. The rope swing nice and fixed up and kind of scary but still fun, though only I went, and only once. I got a pretty good burn. After that we all went to Five Guys and Matt and I got a bit to eat but Chloe did not; she said she'd spent enough money on food lately. We finished up and Matt and I went to look for a place to throw out the couch. We found a dumpster behind a huge grocery store that used to have my favorite doughnuts but now is out of business and put it in there. It'd be unexplainable if anyone found it. I went home and showered and then went to Joe's party, which was mostly full of incoming college freshmen, and there was a lot of talk of college. Joe and AJ talked about crying before leaving, which was pretty cute. They're both leaving girlfriends at a considerable distance. There was also a lot of M&Ms and pizza. We tried playing Ninja Slaps and other people did but I didn't really feel up to it. Dan and Alex strayed from the group because they couldn't talk about college. Chloe and I went to dinner with her mom in a small Italian restaurant on Philadephia Pike in northern DE, but I forget the name of it, it started with an M and sounded Italian. Conversation was nice and the portions were totally enormous. We all had left overs and gave them all to Chloe's mom. When that was over Chloe walked to a park with me. We talked and walked past the music and sat on swings and I admired lightning bugs and thought about sad things, which there were a lot of. I didn't want to be in public any more so I asked Chloe if she was ready to go and she said sure, so she picked up some trash she saw and looked for a trash can but didn't find any until we got back to where I had parked near the restaurant. The internet on my phone is faster than the internet in Chloe's house, which kinda sucked, but I'd say it worked out fine. Peace out.
|
|
Post a Comment
Home