|
|
|
|
Re: Union
This one will also be short. I went to work Friday (yesterday) and didn't have much to do. I cleaned up all the folders I'd been working on and deleted all of the files that weren't needed and all the files I didn't want people to see I'd been keeping on the computer (Khmer and music) the whole time and renamed things so they'd be easier for other people to find later. The only things I had to take back from the office with me were some headphones and my I Heard it on NPR mug. Ami wasn't there, so I didn't to say goodbye to her, which was sad. She claimed she had food poisoning. We were all supposed to have lunch together, the actuary interns, but Caitlin had to cancel at the last minute because her group was taking her out instead. So the four of us ate together, which was nice. I went back upstairs and asked Jim to walk me out since he had to keep my key card. He noted that the picture was pretty awful. We stopped in the cafeteria on the way down to say goodbye to Nick. He's so nice. Then he walked me to the outside of the building and we talked for a minute and said goodbye. He really was a good manager. I left early, and almost left my mug at the parking garage, but didn't. I stopped to pick up a prescription on the way home, and also went to Genuardi's to buy some doughnuts, which I think will be the last time that I ever do that, unless I go today (but I'm not planning on that). I bought eight. I think that was enough. Five are already gone. The pharmacist at the new place is a family friend and asked how the wedding went. I went home and felt a little overwhelmed. I was growing a cold sore and had to find medicine, and had to change and take a shower, and had to take care of some other personal things, and had to find Kristin Wittman to give her something before she went to school. But I got all of them out of the way and even managed to shave and start doing laundry as well... kind of. I didn't finish the laundry on Friday. I went to Five Guys for dinner, but that only took like two seconds. I checked to see if Lauren and Allison were doing anything that night, but they were, and I was sad. I hung out with Jen for a while instead. She's leaving for college tomorrow and knew it'd be the last time she saw me for a while, and almost cried. I didn't really know she cried. Chloe came over after Jen was gone, and we were both a little run down from the rest of the day, so we took it easy and talked and watched a documentary about lottery winners. Some lottery winners are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! The Vietnamese man who worked in the meat factory was adorable, and he had to make his wife stop working after he won and asked her to take care of their grandkids instead, and he built houses for himself and his three sons all right next to each other, and he also built an enormous mansion in Vietnam for his 80-person extended family to all live in, and also helped with some things for their farms and businesses. The mathematician was also really cute, and started taking singing lessons and teaching young children instead of college students, which I thought was interesting. His wife left him and he got a new one, his age and not some trophy wife, who he said he liked even more. There was also the man who was dependent on his parents and suicidal because they had died, but then when he won the lottery he cleaned up just a little bit and got a better place to sleep (motel) and just goes to work during the day and feeds stray cats and nights and calls it a life. Peace out.
|
|
Post a Comment
Home