|
|
|
|
Penguins!
My only two complaints about Simmons: Less hanger space, and the shower I used tonight decided to randomly give me hot spurts of water, even when someone hadn't flushed the toilet. But otherwise, I feel as though it is superior to Atherton in every way. Well, alright, I won't be able to just go downstairs to the sound box to play piano, and I guess the computer lab was nice, but still: So much better. My dorm room looks great; probably the most cultured in the dorm, haha. I'd go into detail but I guess it would just be too much to describe. Pretty everyone who reads this will see it anyway. Katie and I seem really compatible as roommates, and she just seems cool in general. So far it seems like it's gonna be an amazing year. Last year I didn't bring anything penguin-related for my room. This year I felt like it was necessary, so I have two plastic figurines of penguins on the top shelf of the desk at which I'm sitting. Apparently, adults will still come up to my parents and ask if I'm still into penguins; that's how well-known my love for penguins was. In third grade, my teacher, Mrs. Lind, really liked penguins. She read us the book "Mr. Popper's Penguins" and we did a whole unit on them. In addition, we also had to do the exercise where we'd get an egg and have to take care of it all day. I dunno what it was about all of this, but it somehow led me to also love penguins. In the beginning of fourth grade, I drew a big penguin on a poster (I still recall the unique strokes I drew to draw penguins) and put a whole bunch of penguin facts on the back--and I don't think it was for any particular reason. I got penguin stuffed animals, I dressed up as a penguin for Halloween one year, and people have given me tons of penguin figurines over the years. The big thing was my Bat Mitzvah, which was completely penguin themed. I had a huge cardboard penguin as my sign-in board, there were penguins made out of flowers as well as penguins that had a flat, bowl-type thing with floating candles in the middle to use as centerpieces. The candelabra for the candle-lighting ceremony had a penguin with a tallit and yarmulke, and even though I adamantly proclaimed that it was unnecessary, my mom got a penguin ice sculptures. Needless to say, pretty much everyone in attendance got the idea that I was obsessed. Which I wasn't, really. At that point, anyway, and people still think I am. Still, I suppose it's something that's made me unique over the years, so that's why I had to bring something to represent that to college. Peace from the Simmons Piano Lounge, where I am now sitting since being sexiled for the night. Ayyyyy! Luckily this is going to be the first and only time.
|
|
Post a Comment
Home