|
|
|
|
OKNO
This post is for Monday. I woke up and said happy birthday to my mom and she told me that my hockey stuff was too smelly and had to be washed again and Febreeze and also she stepped in cat puke. I hung around for a while with not a whole lot to do, played some piano and stuff like that. I was going to see Michelle and Rachel around 12:30 and so by then I had gotten things in order for the day. We went to Cosi and I saw the Morris family there and talked to them about schools and England for a little bit until I saw Rachel, and picked something from the menu. We caught up on our lives with Michelle and her boyfriend and I got a chicken parmesan melt and also drank from Michelle's lemonade, which was very sour but also good. It was definitely way too damn much food for one serving, although it was tasty. Afterward I went to Matt's house to work on the couch. We screwed everything and put caulk over all the screws except for three which we forgot but it was too late at that point. We ripped off all the hot glue from the linings and went over it with caulk instead, which apparently is not super secure. I sure hope it works! Otherwise we could be lugging a 75+ couch a few miles down a river. Not a huge deal though right? Then I left Matt's and while I was driving I remembered I needed a hockey stick and so I got one from Kelly's Sports. Most of the sticks I looked at were over $100. Most were near $200. I don't think you can really justify that much money for a stick. I got one for $25. Then I went to Jackie's house and her best friend Lauren was there and Tarik was on the phone, so we talked to him for a while, and I told him about Nate Brown and why he was awesome and then showed his website to Jackie. Her brother and his fiance were cooking while we talked on the hallway upstairs. Lauren had to leave and so Jackie got back to packing things for school because she is leaving very soon, and then we had dinner. Her dad is extremely impressive and her brother and mom are very funny and the fiance was a sweetheart. We had ice cream. We also had rice. Afterward there was a huge storm and Jackie and I went upstairs to watch out of a window, and she packed some more. I had to go to hockey after not too long, so I left and drove to the rink. I showed up and got out of the car and noticed that it was extremely not-crowded-enough and wondered with something was wrong, and Doch told me the power was out and the game was cancelled. I was sad. I asked Doch how he'd been and how Boston was and he said he could hear back by Wednesday and I was excited for him. I didn't know if I'd see him again so I wished him a good semester or life or until I see him again, and I was sad that it could be a long time. I drove home, and my parents were at the kitchen table drinking wine with candles on the table because the power was out. They talked about politics and the mosque in NYC. They also talked about people at work, and people who know people at work, and weird kids who don't know what they want to do with their lives, and why I don't want too much technology. Then the power came back on. I watched the last ten minutes of The Big Bang Theory. I worked on stuff to send to the last referee for my Fulbright application and watched The Daily Show and talked to some people on the interwebs. I have to order transcripts and finalize all my written parts. Peace out.
|
|
Post a Comment
Home