A Nice Thing (To Do)

My heart stopped twice tonight. The first time, it was out of complete surprise and the overwhelming feeling of being flattered. I was very ecstatic and was even shaking; though, I know it's not particularly something that prestigious, but it's still a nice thing. The second time, I figuratively gave myself a facepalm. I think lately I've found the need to apologize way too much for things I've done but never intended; it's always been that way. I think it's best that I push away this whole "need to fix everything" blessing/curse I have and shut my eyes and my lips--and my heart.

Today I got to see an old friend and we shared sushi and dogs (err, we didn't eat them, we walked them, haha). And delicious homemade salsa. And babies with mothers who didn't know they were pregnant and little people on TV. Then I shared more food--including quail, which is delicious, yes--with family friends whose presence I treasure dearly. I got to hear bad first date stories and proposal stories. Two twins are entering high school, which I can't believe. The Vietnamese owner puts up his kids' report cards on the wall and the daughter gets all straight, solid As. Her and her brother help in the restaurant every night. Sometimes they drop things or spill water, but nobody really cares because the food is so authentic and delicious. Plus it just makes it homey, especially if you count the TV which is almost always turned to Nickelodeon or the Disney Channel...or MMA, if the owner is watching. He really likes my dad, but it took him a few times to remember my face. I think it was the one time I almost fainted in the restaurant over spring break that made him remember me, haha. But yeah, I like taking my friends there because it's good, the portions are big, and it's cheap. Nothing better for a table full of Jews.

Also we got my backlight changed for free and in two minutes. What.

Yeah I really have very little to say. I've been uninspired lately I guess. Ugh.

posted by cuore_ridente 9:46 PM on Thursday, August 19, 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home