|
|
|
|
Lightning Strikes a Deal
With each coming night. Yesterday is kind of a blur... I ate breakfast with Megan around 11 o'clock and we caught up with each other and talked about things we'd like to do in the near future. For her that's the business club that she's working on. There's much more to it than that of course. I went to Emily's room to get my wrench and scissors so I could fix Megan's door since they weren't in my room. I got them and talked to Emily for a minute, then decided I would see if Lisa was back from China yet since she only lives ten doors down. I actually came up behind her the minute she was moving on. That was good timing, I guess. She said she was going out for food soon, and I had just eaten really, but I wanted to hang out with her so I told her I'd go with her and her friend Bruce. He was an interesting guy. MatSci major who was really into his research, but also really into motorcycles, cars, and guns. Not a typical set of interests, but cool nonetheless. We went to Fuji because Lisa was sushi; I just had an appetizer and it was a whole lot of food. The waitresses eventually figured out that Lisa spoke Chinese (...was born there) and started talking to her in Chinese rather than English. At some point I also hung out with Kerry for a while and talked about the end of our summers and the crazy train ride she took through the middle of the country, and celebrated the fact that we'll be in a class together (with Tina!) and also a crazy girl from her high school, apparently, all with a super-liberal professor. So that should be cool. Tina showed up at her door a little bit after we started talking and said she didn't feel well, asked for water, and laid on Kerry's bed with her while we talked a little more. After a while I excused myself to fix Megan's door. After that, I went back to my room to see if Tarik was there, and his mom was moving him into his room, and his brother was sitting on his bed. Tarik was apparently showing his sister to a friend of her's who goes to Penn State. Emily and Ariel rushed over as soon as I said that Tarik was here. Tarik's mom apparently was upset with us because she walked by once and we were all laying together on my futon. Oops. I really don't remember a whole lot after that. I know we were in my room talking and watching TV for a while, and I know we were hanging out with Collin and his roommate for a while, and I remember I had to go for a walk to get my car. I also know that I went with Megan to try to get doughnuts from the store but that it was already closed, so we had to get packaged bakery goods from McLanahan's instead. We all waited to eat with Tarik because it's Ramadan and he can't eat till 8, so we went to Redifer at 7:55 because he was in EMERGENCY TARIK MUST EAT MODE. Then we ate, and it was good. Matt joined us, and finally met Emily, and proceeded to make fun of her for the rest of the night, mostly for sleeping too much. I went to WalMart (I know, gag me with a spoon) with Matt and Emily later to get some food, a rice cooker, a cover for my bed, and a clock radio. I forgot all of them except for the first two. I felt dumb, and still do. Matt got a 50-foot ethernet wire, and Emily got some tea. I asked Matt if he wanted to go back later - near 2AM - and use the handicapped carts, but he said it was too late. I was supposed to go around and hand out bakery items with Megan, but we realized it was Be a Part from the Start (which Matt avoided desperately) and decided to try for the next night. She was going to a gathering with people from her business formal fraternity instead. She also told me that she's thinking about doing Semester at Sea this spring, which really is a great time to do it, and I told her that, but I also told her that I'd miss her and so she shouldn't go. We will talk about it, and see if it's possible. This has to happen extremely soon. I also told her that she can talk to me and the guys in the apartment to see if it's the right program for her, since we all love talking about it. It would be great for her to go, but I was being honest when I said I would miss her. Everyone hung out in my room for a good while after I got back from WalMart. Matt left his ethernet cable when he finally left a very long time later. Emily couldn't cook us waffles because her roommate went to sleep very early, and so we all went to Late Night instead. We brought Ahmed with us, the guy across the hall from the UAE, the same one Tarik talked about. He told us about how people in the Middle East love to use their cars for drifting and riding on two wheels. Matt said he learned a lot from listening to him. Peace out.
|
|
Post a Comment
Home