|
|
|
|
Kitty fights
Haven't posted in a while. Been really sick and I find it tough to write in that state. I understand that some people diss mma, or the sport of mixed martial arts. These people also tend to diss boxing, football, wrestling, eating meat, and generally harbor some hardcore anger/hostility/envy towards the concept of MAN. I'll first admit that many mma fans are actual douchebags, and probably illiterate. I am a fan for different reasons than them. Sports is a broad and intriguing subject indeed. There are two main categories, team and solo. Football, soccer, and hockey are team sports, where the beauty is in the fact that how good an individual is pales in comparison to how well the team works. Coordination is key, as well as communication, sacrifice, and especially leadership. These sports are looked favorably on because they teach these qualities. Solo sports are different. Boxing, mma, wrestling, tennis singles, and golf all rely more on hidden qualities like inner strength, determination, motivation, focus, and have I mentioned inner strength? Because these qualities are not obvious, some people don't understand these sports and say "it's so stupid how they just hurt each other in a dumb contest." as an introvert and former wrestler, I appreciate mma more than others. They are called martial *arts* for a reason. The Greeks and the ancient orient both saw these qualities and valued them. Learn before you judge. I don't watch fights to see ppl hurt each other, or who's the "bigger man" but for the hidden part, the show of inner strength and discipline.
|
|
Post a Comment
Home