|
|
|
|
I apologize for the Inconvenience
Summer semester is coming to an end. It was a great experience and vacation away from an area that has consumed almost 19 years of my life. I have moved twice in my life - always within the same area. The first move I cannot recall for I was 3 months old. My parents moved from an apartment to a small house. I refer to this house as small now, but to me that house was the huge. I still remember running around the backyard, compensating for the fact that I was not a little brother. My mother stayed at home until I was about six. During this time she worked hard to study English, a language quite foreign to her even after the eight years she had already spent in America. My brother basically raised me. Although I'm not sure if this explains why I might as well be a guy and he might as well be a girl. Seriously, I am less picky of an eater, care less about name brand items, and take pain better than he does. Two years ago when I was visiting him in at NYU, he told me "You're so aggressive, it's scary." I laugh at this idea now, because for the most part, I was one of the most docile children. I was obedient, quiet, and complacent. If you gave me a set of directions, I would follow them to a tee. Maybe all that work at public speaking paid off... or maybe the fact that I basically became an only child also affected me. I did not actually start dressing like a girl until the end of 8th grade. My parents used to give me my brother's old clothes to wear, and I was perfectly fine with that. Actually... considering the new shirt from Abercrombie I plan to buy, I am still fine with that.
|
|
Post a Comment
Home