Horrorfied

I love cheesy horror movies. Admittedly, sometimes I actually get a little scared watching them alone, even the cheesiest, but that's probably due to an unreasonable fear of zombies. Before OnDemand, I had no appreciation for how many people decide that horror movies are their big "in" to film. Seriously, FEARnet must have dozens of awful, low budget flicks from 2005+. Anything older than that and it's almost good for how horrific the graphics are, but it's a different form of storytelling. Tonight, I wound up watching an unintelligible movie "Beasts Within" that had BOTH zombies AND bird flu. And it was the birds that actually had bird flu that was making them super agressive and terribly animated. In fact, I was pretty sure that I could've developed a better cgi for one scene in particular.

Ever since 28 Weeks Later, I associate Post-Rock with horror movies. There's supposed to be a 28 Months Later, set in Russia, but I don't know what became of it. Perhaps I'll look it up after I'm done with this.

When I turned 13, I had a horror movie themed birthday party. Mrs. R. objected to my showing of Deliverance and Se7en, which was half of what I was going to show. My mom got something like Omen VI instead of Omen the First, and that left us with Scary Movie, which, while horrifying to 13 year old girls, is not a horror movie. YAY!!!

Horror movies were then a big part of my courtship with Dave. At my house, we'd hang in the hammock, and at his house, we'd watch horror movies. It was a great excuse to make him hold me. The first time I ever really talked to him outside of school was the morning of my 16th birthday, and he was watching the FEARnet Original "Catacombs." I've since watched it three times. It stars P!nk. She's much better than 70% of other attractive female actresses in horror movies. The first time we kissed was after watching the $6 movie "Stigmata," which I liked personally because of my mallet percussion scars. A month or so after we broke up, it was OnDemand and made me unreasonably sad.

If I were to ever make a home movie, it would be a horror movie zombie revival. Get it? Zombie revival? It's 'cuz they're the walking dead!

I used to have dreams about zombies pretty frequently. They were the only nightmares I had for a couple years, but they weren't scary once I woke up. In fact, some of them had pretty good story lines and were like watching interactive movies in my head thinking about them afterward. Nowadays, my nightmares are more emotionally complex than straight fear.

I liked the first three Scary Movies, which is saying something for an awful parody series. The fourth one was GOD AWFUL.

posted by goobaloo 2:22 AM on Tuesday, August 10, 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home