|
|
|
|
Gnome Coming
Yeah, that one's pretty gross, sorry kids. I moved in yesterday. I woke up at 6:50 or so to make sure I could get on the road by 7:30, which I still didn't, but it's okay. Mom and Dad woke up too to see me off and say goodbye. It'll be the last time I do this, or that they do this. That was a little sad. I filled up my tires with extra air at the Free Air station at Wawa. Now they're back to about 40PSI, which is where they should be. Thanks, tire guy! There were a lot of people on the turnpike who were clearly going to PSU. A lot of times there was random bad traffic for no real reason, like the one-lane section of 322... but it's no big. And it wasn't too bad for me when I got in to campus 'cuz I make the first right turn you can. Hooray! I moved in by myself in about three or four trips to the car. And in one of those trips I was carrying nothing but the keyboard. That's pretty efficient, if you ask me. I didn't know what to do with all of my stuff at first because I needed to set up my futon and loft, so I kind of just threw it in my room and then drove to the stadium to park my car and then came back. I went to Matt's room to kind-of-help him and his dad set up his loft, which didn't take too long. I spent some time setting stuff up in my room, and then my loft was taken out of storage and Matt's dad help me set it up. It only took about twenty minutes, maximum, so that wasn't bad at all. I also went to The House, where all the Springfield guys from last year live, plus some others. It's really big. It feels like a hotel, or a bed and breakfast. The kitchen is enormous and pretty much industrial sized. The room are numbered and there are exit signs everywhere, so it doesn't really feel like a home. Fox showed up after a few minutes and went to the basement with me and another housemate to get the mattress from. It had some water damage on it but I don't think it's a big deal. I was talking to Fox for a minute before I left when Niko showed up, so then I talked to him for a while, then Jaffe came too, and then Lauren and Louise and Sam and Deb showed up too. I made Deb feel uncomfortable because she danced with The Hot Guy At The Party the night before and didn't even realize it. So I went back with my trunk open because that's how big the thing was and put it in my dorm with Matt's help and then drove to the stadium and rode my bike back this time. That was much faster. I went to dinner with Gary and his friend Ben, and Anthony joined us, even though we didn't particularly want him to. This was after we had left our floor meeting. I told everyone I was from the internet. Some people got the joke, but a few didn't. I also said that at lunch with Meg and Gary and the new kid, Alex, who didn't seem to get the joke right away, but that's okay. He seems cool. He does music. But he lives in Atherton. Anyway, I went around with Matt and Nick after setting up and opened all the doors on the floor with a wrench and crap so that it'll feel more like a dorm. It was nice. I think the coolest guy I met was Vitali, who was born in Maldova and had a girlfriend who was an artist and whose dad was an artist and who grew up in Moscow and has only been in America for about four years. She seemed really sweet. Actually, both of them did. Lewis, another guy from the huge rooms, also seemed really nice. He was from Providence. I went to find Matt and Melissa with Matt and Ariel and then we went to Matt's room to fix his door and talked for a little bit. Matt told me the tasing story and Melissa told me about her classes, which she thought were okay. I accidentally said that I liked Italian girls, which is true, but I didn't meant to say it in front of an Italian girl, and I'm afraid I made her feel awkward. I felt particularly bad about that, actually. I went to try to visit Lisa in Atherton but she wasn't there, so I was walking to another room when I heard Brian B's voice and was like, what the hell, let's visit the SAS guys. So I walked in and Will M was like, "Oh my god! What the hell, dude!" And gave me a hug. He had made a long video about Semester at Sea that was really good and had a crazy amount of pictures and video in it. We talked about SAS and PSU and how we felt at both places, which was not particularly great for any of us. Two girls form their floor came in later and talked to us too. First they tried to talk about alcohol and asked me to buy for them. I said no. I think they saw that conversation was going nowhere. We ended up talking at them about SAS for the next hour or so, which was kinda nice, actually. Then I went to visit Emily and Lauren, and Troy and Tom were there too, whom I thought were cool. I think I convinced Tom to take a course with Nate Brown instead of some other prof. I also had to explain to Troy why I didn't drink, but why I would smoke pot before drinking, and also that if I did drink, I would do Jell-O shots. I was very tired, so then I went back to sleep. Ariel was sexiled so she slept in my room on the top bunk because it was hotter up there, haha. I left my wrench and scissors in Emily's room. Peace out.
|
|
Post a Comment
Home