|
|
|
|
Evening Out
This afternoon arrived with a spontaneous invitation to P. F. Chang's for dinner, though my name had accidentally slipped from the original mailing list. Immediately, I rejected the offer, claiming an obligation to a family dinner at home. At home, my only obligation was to continue packing for college. Once I saw the boxes sitting on my bed, it struck me how closely change draws near. Going to college isn't "very similar, but somewhere else with new people." I'm going to change. For the better or for good, I can envision the person I want to be. That woman isn't scared of social engagements. She doesn't waste her time alone at home when an invitation stands. Embarrassed of myself, I let Ceci know that I would be attending dinner. At this point, I realized P. F. Chang's is expensive aka not in my price range. I ate a can of soup at 4, drank a lot of water, and brought $10 to last me through dinner and ice cream. I was golden. Conversation had me laughing with volume inappropriate for the venue. Everyone had great stories to tell. The "Great Wall of Chocolate" served as my meal, and with water, my $10 covered myself +20% tip. Bam. Night well worth it. Of course, the group decided that we split the cost of the meal equally, and I felt like a dick. Everyone else's total came to $20+, with Melissa volunteering something like $30 to ensure that our waitress got a reasonable tip. It kinda evened out at the end, because I drew a mustache/monocle/top hat on my Hamilton, but dining out with friends is a drag sometimes because of my frugality. At Maggie Moo's, I skipped ice cream, but had a lovely time. One of the first shots with my camera captured "the essence of Ceci," and I delighted myself with the great start. I'm unbelievably glad I managed to spend a little bit longer of this last night with friends. Leaving Ceci's at the end of the night, I took a video of everyone waving goodbye. It made me a wee bit sad.
|
|
Post a Comment
Home