Dear Diary

Hi, I'm Jackie... That's right my legal first name is Jackie because my mother did not know that "Jacquelyn" was an option.

If my name was not Jackie, perhaps my life would have been much different. Perhaps my parents might have named me Jiayi instead of giving me an English name. The first effect that would have on my life is the one less letter. Instead of eleven letters in my name, I would have only ten. Imagine the time I could have saved. Jiayi Hu Guo. The very thought makes me think it... ehh.

"Jackie, you are a banana." Oh the beauty of those words. These words were delivered from the mouth of a wise old math teacher. He was one of the reasons I applied to college as an engineer. Dr. Edgar singled out the most egotistical students in class the first day and bullied them mercilessly. The first day of junio year math class was one of my favorite days of high school. Of course I picked out and so began a fruitful year of learning everything but math. I learned to commit a wrongful act and then apologize later instead of asking for permission. I learned that if you come to a group meeting with a plan, you are already halfway to convincing everyone that your plan is the best - because let us face it, most people do not come to meetings with much more of a plan besides "I hope I don't fall asleep."

Dress me up in rose petals and call me a flower
But I hope you never forget that I have thorns

posted by Jackie 8:44 PM on Monday, August 2, 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home