Blog Post

I think I'll take a change of pace as well as a page out of Jeff's book (blog? harrrr) and just write a journal entry.

The other day, Jackie told me about an anime called "Hell Girl" or "Jigoku Shoujo" that sounded really interesting, so last night I watched nine episodes or so. It's a little repetitive, and it's pretty depressing since its basic message is that all humans are bad, but it's still interesting so I guess I'll continue watching. I also put this song on repeat for a little, 'cause it's cool and Asian Tom's roommate in Pardee House always plays it. And I skyped Pardee House via Jackie and Pete told me about the "Human Centipede," which is going to give me nightmares. Well, maybe not nightmares, but I did think about it and freak out a little while falling asleep last night.

Today was Girls' Day! Except Alyssia was sleepy so she didn't join us, but it was cool with Jackie, Courtney, and myself. We went to McClanahan's (woah, it didn't underline in red) to get groceries and ingredients, then headed on over to Fasta for pasta! We got veal, three cheese, and crab ravioli, their homemade vodka sauce since Tarik wasn't here, as well as their delicious bread, which we devoured within probably a half hour of getting back to my apartment. The ravioli was all very delicious, and then we proceeded to bake cupcakes--except we baked them in ice cream cake cones, which had never occurred to me. Then when they were done, we decorated them with several kinds of icing, sometimes using chopsticks to get detailed, except I wasn't very good at it. But Jackie and Courtney made some really cool ones and they were all delicious!

Then I proceeded to challenge Courtney in chess, since I had already defeated Jackie, and we rocked out to Justin Timberlake, Colbie Caillait (the fat guy from SNL was in the music video for "Fallin' for You"), that song "Halo" that was on a Taishirou AMV, Fall Out Boy, The Starting Line, and then Courtney showed us this music video by Brad Paisley, but it was ridiculously depressing so I had it stop, haha.

Anyway, I'd say all three of us are on the same level when it comes to chess. Tarik says that he was surprised by how quickly I picked it up, and since I've only been playing against him--a very, very good player--I think it's helped me improve dramatically over the course of the one week I've been playing. So basically, Courtney and I both made mistakes, but she just made more fatal ones. In the end, it was three pawns, a bishop, the queen, and the king and her two pawns. Even she laughed and took a picture of the board. Tarik was proud of me.

On Thursday night, the apartment to my right had a loud party. It included not only the typical cheers, but also shouts of, "You bitch! Just throw up! Come on, you bitch!" and it was pretty weird. Then last night there was another party hosted by the apartment to my left, and it was loud and there was music but it wasn't terrible I guess. I went to check out the damage today. There are a few Natty cans on the stairwell, and at the bottom are I think two broken beers bottles with shattered glass everywhere. On the way back from getting groceries, there were these guys who were trying to take apart a wooden desk or something like that. They left it by the door to the back stairwell along with some other trash.

I was afraid to look on the deck, because the last time it was so bad that the main office charged every apartment $50 as a clean-up charge. I was mad, because we had been given a day's notice to clean it up, and clearly I wasn't going to do it because it wasn't my mess. I was pissed when I saw maintenance guys cleaning the next day. So I looked to my right--clean, good. The left--sigh. They played beer pong with Natty, that's cool. Luckily it can easily be cleaned up. But the weirdest thing of all was a big thing of purple yarn right in front of my door. Uh...what? Not gonna ask. I'm hoping they clean it later.

It doesn't bother me too much, besides the cleaning charge. It's weird, because for pretty much the entire time I've been here, there haven't been many parties, except I remember this one time they turned up the bass so loud it hurt my ears. But actually, sometimes I wondered if there were people living there most of the time at all. Like, if they just use the apartment when they visit and have parties and such. They're incredibly quiet otherwise. Weird.

Anyway, tonight and tomorrow I have to work on my paper and presentation for BBH 101. I'm looking at scientific papers to see if there's a correlation between Myers-Briggs personality types and depression. Unfortunately, after already skimming one, their results had INFPs at the second-highest. Awww, I was hoping it wouldn't be that way, not to mention that I was planning on using my type as an example to explain Myers-Briggs, and now it may just look like I'm depressed, haha. Even though I'm totally not. But I saw another one that said that ISTJs and ESTJs tend to have harder, rockier marriages. I think that's interesting, since I dated an ISTJ for a long period of time.

I think I'm over fifteen minutes. I guess I should stop procrastinating. Boo.

(Fun fact: I couldn't figure out how to spell "repetitive" and had to look it up...)

posted by cuore_ridente 5:52 PM on Saturday, August 7, 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home