|
|
|
|
Beware: Subject Change
While reading through the posts before, I must say I was a bit intimidated. I was not expecting such deep, provoking thoughts from the first day, but, I am excited at the same time. It means that I will be able to exercise my mind in these small increments of time this month. That does not mean I can promise that these posts will make any sense at all though. However, I do want to break away from the feelings vs. logic just a bit, mainly because I have been dealing with a plethora of trials this season and they have made me realize a detrimental part of life that I cannot seem to break away from. I won't dive into these problems, but, these trials have made me wonder about the fragile state of our happiness. For instance, say you receive a wonderful gift from a friend. However, in almost an instant, that happiness is taken away by a fight, or by news from a loved one. Life is not easy, and I am a firm believer of this. But, at the same time, I like to ponder about how sporadic it is. It is a fast-paced road, it seems, filled with twists and turns and the more-often-than-not obstacle. However, most of the time, those obstacles come from nowhere, hitting us square in the head, and most of the time, in the heart as well. Most instances happen well beyond our means of influence, thus, we must take them with knowledge of this. But, happiness is almost like a payment emotion, also. To receive it, you must pay something. Whether it be time, money, or some other barter, you must give something up. I know many television shows, novels, and songs that play on this theme, but, there is always something to ponder about a subject, regardless of how many times its repeated, and it took a long while before I sat down and realized that how fickle and highly-priced happiness can be. At one time, I thought happiness was just handed to you. Now, I believe in something called 'equivalent exchange;' to receive something, one must give up something of equal value to obtain it. However, I also can see the benefit of this. We need opposites in order to understand subjects. For instance, we must know night to know day, love to know hate. So on and so forth. In addition, we must know unhappiness to know happiness. If only unhappiness existed, then it would be a normal, never-ending state. Unhappiness would not even be unhappiness, as it would lose its meaning entirely with happiness to show us what both are. In conclusion, I guess this post is really to remind me that we all must face happy and unhappy times. They both circle one another, never-ending, never-ceasing, and require payment of an opposite in order for one to receive the other, whether we are willing to pay, or not.
|
|
Post a Comment
Home